2021 Coaching Events Released
2021 Coaching Events Released
I hope you’re all keeping well in the current climate. It’s been a strange old year and I hope things start to get better soon.
We have managed to come up with some dates and events for Jan/Feb 2021 coaching events! Unfortunately due to the current Covid travel restrictions In Australia, it is looking unlikely I will be able to come back to Mount Gambier this year. But we have been working hard behind the scenes to still ensure we can make these events happen and make them the same great experience as we always deliver. At this stage, I would ask that only riders that live in an area that are allowed to currently travel to Mount Gambier in South Australia to book on, due to the Covid travel restrictions. If it turns out that closer to February the borders open better, then we can look at making more days for the Victorian riders that may not yet be able to book on.
We will be having Isle of Man TT podium finisher and all round legend David ‘Davo‘ Johnson coaching on all the events, along with Ty Lynch, a top level Australian Supersport Racer. Ty has coached on our events last year, as well as being an experienced coach, working on the Shane Metcalf MX Coaching Events also. We aim to still give the same great experience that you have all come to expect from the ‘On Track Rider Training’ Days. If travel restrictions do ease I will do everything in my power to return and be at the events my self, but as we have had so many enquiries on the events, we have done our very best to still put on the events in this way. We hope that continuing the events in this format can help get people out on track more over the summer and keep the momentum going of our coaching events that we have been building, year on year for the last 5 years. Through out this year I have obtained my level 2 coaches licence, the highest level achievable through Motorcycle Australia, which I owe all to the amazing riders I’ve had the pleasure of coaching up to this date.
The days in Jan/Feb of 2021 will be formatted like this:
- Track Demo in the morning, where you will get to watch at each corner and have the lines explained to you.
- 1 on 1 coaching sessions with David Johnson and Ty Lynch
- Open pit lane from 10am - 5pm, with two breaks through out the day. Over 5 hours of track time available each day.
- Maximum 24 riders on each day
The idea is that we spread your two coaching sessions through out the day, so you have plenty of time in between to get on track and work on areas of improvement your self. We will also have a coach floating in the pits that you can ask questions to all through out the day.
Also included in the day:
- Garage with power included
- Food and drink provided for each rider (food available for guests also, at $10 per person and must be pre booked to ensure we have enough).
- Tire changing facilities will be available on Saturday and Sunday and in some cases maybe Friday evening. (There will be cost for the tire changing and will be published on the email prior to the event)
What you must have:
- Motorcycling Australia Licence. (A one event licence can be purchased on the day at $35 if you dont have a Motorcycling Australia Licence)
- 1 piece leathers, or 2 piece that zip all the way up. Motorcycle Boots, Gloves and appropriate full face helmet.
- Your own fuel, tools etc.
The dates we have booked are all Friday, Saturday, Sunday events:
The cost for 1 coaching day will be $300. Any additional coaching day booked will receive $25 discount, which will be applied when booked on the website. Most riders generally do a 2 to 3 day weekend, to really get the most out of the huge amount of track time, with limited riders there. With a maximum of 24 riders on each day, be sure to book in fast as the spaces don’t often last long! You can choose to do any or all of the 3 days over a weekend.
Please follow the link to my website to book on your days, it will take a $50 deposit per day on there. I will then follow up with an email, with my bank details an paypal details to pay through there. All payments to be made prior to the event, to ensure the day runs smoothly.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch!